It was 8 months ago, December 9 to be exact, that I wrote a blog post announcing my participation in the Crossroads Quilt Along with Fat Quarter Shop. It has been a wonderful journey. The excitement began in January, when the much anticipated Strawberry Fields Revisited fabric collection by Fig Tree & Company arrived on my doorstep. Since then, I have truly enjoyed the process of slowly, month by month, creating these beautiful blocks. And now it is August and the top is finished. Pure quilting joy!
I hope you will forgive the amount of pictures I have posted. I'm about to be one of those annoying (but loving) proud moms who shares way too many pictures of her baby!
We have one more step with this quilt which will take it over the top! The instructions call for a pretty pieced backing, and I will blog about that on September 15. Hmmm . . . does this mean I need to hang my quilt in such a way that people can see the front AND the back. I really need to get creative now! (My poor husband!)
Who else is quilting along?
Below is a list of the talented quilters who will be sharing their progress each month on their own blogs. Please visit their blogs to see their creations as well!
- Joanna of Fig Tree Quilts (@figtreequilts)
- Pat Sloan (@quilterpatsloan)
- April of Prairie Grass Patterns (@amrosenthal)
- Tina of Emily Ann's Kloset (@emilyannskloset)
- Melissa of Oh How Sweet (@ohhowsweet)
- Angie of Gnome Angel (@gnomeangel)
- Vanessa of Lella Boutique (@lellaboutique)
- Melissa of Happy Quilting (@happyquiltingmc)
- Erin of Why Not Sew (@whynotsewquilts)
- Greg of Grey Dogwood Studio (@greydogwoodstudio)
- Sondra of Out of the Blue Quilts (@sondradavison)
- Sedef of Down Grapevine Lane (@downgrapvinelane)
- And my Instagram handle is @taunjalynn