Tuesday, June 21, 2016

New Pattern: Sweetly Scalloped

Thank you for stopping by to check out my newest pattern, "Sweetly Scalloped." My vision with "Sweetly Scalloped" was to design a quilt that would show the range and beauty of a fabric line, with special emphasis on a favored focal fabric. I wanted a design that was clean and linear, but also incorporated soft, sweet edges.  So out of that idea emerged a layering of several 2 1/2" strips and a favorite floral fabric, all framed by soft scallops.  I hope you like it!


"Sweetly Scalloped" measures 59 1/2" x 70 1/2" and is jelly roll or rolie polie friendly. For my quilt, I decided to create my own strip set by cutting 2 1/2" strips from several of my favorite Fig Tree & Company fabrics.  I think I may have five Fig Tree lines in this quilt, which I love!  It is pictured below as a layered throw on a full sized bed.  You could add an additional border or two if you wanted a larger quilt with more drop!



When making your choices for this quilt, the key is selecting a strong focal fabric (mine is the red floral from Strawberry Fields Revisited) and a prominent scallop fabric, and then building from there.  I am already imagining this quilt in seasonal prints or children's fabric with a vintage flair.  The possibilities are endless!



"Sweetly Scalloped" is available as an immediate PDF download on my Craftsy Pattern Shop or on my Etsy Shop. Paper patterns will be available in July!

Special thank you to Barb Erickson at Quilts on Broadway for the lovely quilting! We chose a design called "Baby Curls," which seems to complement the fabric so nicely.


Thank you, blog readers, for your continued support and encouragement! I hope you will give "Sweetly Scalloped" a try.  It is a fun weekend project and a great excuse to break into your favorite 2 1/2" precut stash. Now head to your sewing room and get carried away quilting, my friends!

~Taunja





18 comments:

  1. I love the scallops! So sweet. You color choices are real pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Gayle! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking this one screams "Presley", my 7 year old granddaughter. The scallops and feature fabric lend to a variety of choices, as you said. It is simply beautiful, Taunja! I cannot wait to make this one! Oh, my, what fabrics will I use for the first one? LOL! ps-love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Pam! I'm tickled that this looks like a project for your granddaughter! Yeah!! Can't wait to see what fabric you pick!! ;)

      Delete
  3. The scallops are adorable - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! What a wonderful display of Fig Tree Fabrics. Love the softness in the whole quilt fabrics with the bursts of color throughout. Scallops are a favorite of mine too - beautiful border. I think 'Baby Curls' quilting will be my new favorite. It is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sigi! I really like the softness of it too . . . and baby curls turned out to be so darn sweet. I am so thankful for my local LAQ!!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love it. Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Libby! Sure do appreciate your sweet feedback!!

      Delete
  6. It is a lovely easy pattern that I need to increase my knowledge and experience with quilting. Again my favorite use of yellow in a quilt. I may have to do a yellow and white quilt instead of blue and white as I planned. Since I have some jelly rolls I am going to go through them tonight! Thank you again for a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank YOU for your sweet words! I am so loving yellow lately. I think we all need more sunshine in our lives! And the Fig Tree yellows are always awesome! Hope you find a jelly roll in your stash that inspires you! If not, just make your own out of your stash! :) Happy sewing Karen!

      Delete
  7. I just gasp with delight at the sight of that quilt!! I am so glad I purchased the pattern! You are such a talented girl!! Can I be you for a day?, or an hour will do just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you, but anytime you think that, please pull out your Farmgirl Vintage quilt and remind yourself how AWESOME you are!!! I cannot WAIT to see what fabrics you choose for Sweetly Scalloped. It is one of my best moments when I get to see someone sew up my pattern. Total heart smile moment!! Happy 4th weekend to you!

      Delete
  8. This quilt is so gorgeous, I don't have the words to describe it! You are not just a very talented quilt designer, but a color artist, as well. Is there a kit for this? Or could you tell me all the fabrics you used so I can make one exactly like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary! You've made my day! What nice comments!

      I actually pulled from several Fig Tree lines from my stash and cut 2 1/2" strips (sort of a custom jelly roll) with Strawberry Fields Revisited being the predominant one. However, one of my blog sponsors, Country Road Quilts, does have it kitted in another pretty Moda collection: Sundrops. You might want to look at that, as it has a very similar look and feel. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!